Friday, September 25, 2009

Eating out, and eating aluminum...

At the bottom of the article Taking Aluminum Out Of The Diet by JoAnne Struve it lists several fast food places that contain aluminum. I just tried to eat out with little aluminum, and failed.

My fridge is not working correctly, we thought it was holding in the cold better then it was. Today when I went to make lunch everything I would have made it with had gone bad. Of course I had started making lunch late so I had anxious and hungry kids. After fumbling around for a while I told the kids we had to go and get food.

While driving I told the kids about aluminum, and explained why we would be eating differently today. I ordered fruit and yogurt parfaits for each kid, and hamburgers with no cheese or pickles, and french fries. I thought this would avoid most aluminum, but as I pulled up to get my order I remembered that there was a concern about aluminum in salt. I hoped for the best anyways. Now I have just refereed to Taking Aluminum Out Of The Diet and realised that aluminum was in the salt. :( Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment